Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Fifteenth One

Originally typed in 12th grade. 

Typed on a late night, on my touch screen cell phone, a quick, little story about a young boy and a young girl. On record, I've admitted to hating stories like this, but this story is still really charming in its simplicity and length. Call it a little bonus for the weekend.

She watches me from across the hallway. The school has to become more on top of such coincidences happening. It could scare the hell out of somebody. I raise my pencil slowly and shake it. She smiles. She knows…or someone just told a joke and she didn’t think it was very funny. I’ve seen her in other places, that theory is definitely viable. That could potentially be a problem. People call me funny, she might not want that. She could be a serious person who wants someone to fulfill her purposes. She’s always wearing dark clothing, she doesn’t want to reveal anything or let something slip. Unfortunately for her, I am fully aware she is a girl, a beautiful one at that. Wait. She’s writing something. What time is it? OOH! Class is over! She’s coming this way! This is too much to bear! What could she have written? Oh, the possibilities! Paper’s in my hand. Let’s take a look.
“You’re creepy.”
She was the one who smiled.

No comments: